Wednesday, April 29, 2009

There's Still Time...

The other day, I mentioned that Baskin & Robbins is selling $0.31 scoops of ice cream! You can purchase up to 3 scoops per person. I took my children to the local B&R and the line was not long at all! When we came out it was getting there! There are other specials B&R have as well. Check out their site for Mother's Day specials: www.baskinrobbins.com

Tomorrow, April 3oth, Carvel Ice Cream Stores is celebrating their 75th Anniversary! Wow, that is something! To honor their loyal customers, they are offering a Free Iceberg. An Iceberg is a somewhat like an ice cream float. It is blended with soda, vanilla flavoring and soft serve ice cream.

I know children do not need all of this sugar (I know mine don't). But with all the uproars and worries about the economy, job loss, foreclosures and now most recently, swine flu, I think everyone deserves a treat. Give yourself a pat on the back for making it through to the end of the work week or if you're a SAHM (stay-at-home-mother), for taking care of the kids and house! We all deserve a break...

2 comments:

Red Fields said...

Oh, how I love Carvel! But sadly there are no Carvel stores where I live. The best we have are frozen cakes at the supermarket. I'll take it, though. But what I would give for a chocolate thick shake float...

Red Fields said...

Oh, how I love Carvel! But sadly there are no Carvel stores where I live. The best we have are frozen cakes at the supermarket. I'll take it, though. But what I would give for a chocolate thick shake float...